Monday, October 7, 2013

Squatz and Whatnot. Pt. I


To any serious lifter, squats aren't simply another compound leg movement, but a way of life.  Sitting in the bottom of the hole in a squat, while recruiting almost every muscle fiber in the body is nearly euphoric. At least I can say as much for myself. It's mind-numbingly painful to see so many lifters cheat/disgrace this transcendent movement.

Who am I to judge? Squats are hard, hell squats are the devil!  But I know I'm not the only one who cringes a little when they see the movement performed incorrectly. It's a complete eyesore.  An art has been formed in how to correctly obliterate this exercise. However the most notable one (but not limited to) include the dreaded:

Half-Squatter
 

Commonly referred to as "the pussy". Whilst not even remotely positioning yourself to hit at least parallel, I'm left puzzled. This is probably the most recurrent squat epidemic in the gym. Whether it comes down to an issue of mobility, injury, or ego, you're doing yourselves no justice. "Nah man it's not good for your knees when you go that low," heard it all bro.

If you or a loved one has been a victim of this ailment, please invite yourselves to the splendor of Ass to Grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment