Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Motivation?

A somewhat puzzling concept to me. When others seek motivation to then DO the things that they WANT to DO. How some need validation from others that what they are doing is right. 

To a certain extent I can see how positive energy and reinforcement can help boost one's mood, but to be the driving force in the completion of a goal doesn't translate. If one wants to lose weight, one must/will take the necessary steps in order to achieve the goal. A motivational Youtube clip of Fitness Model Greg Plitt (No hate toward the man) should not be the independent variable to getting your ass in gear!

Our goals should come from within ourselves. That may sound a tad cheesy but it holds truth. Being motivated by the external normally ends unsuccessfully. Aspiring to achieve an aesthetic physique in hopes for a girl to touch your penis tends to not mold champion bodybuilders into, well... champion bodybuilders. And as these kind of goals may initially get us interested into fitness, they tend to mature, such as our bodies, into more meaningful ideals.

I want to become a better me, for my family. Become great. I want to prove to myself I can set a goal and then achieve it. These are the things that wake us up at early hours, allow us to beat our bodies to oblivion and back, correct our eating patterns. Not waking up to Instagram/Facebook post of the following:





Thoughts?



\

No comments:

Post a Comment